Similar to the End of Life care information the Hospice is able to provide Respite services for short term care dependent on an individuals circumstances. Respite will be in one of our 6 bedroom suites and is subject to availability and a needs basis. The following applies for Respite Care:
Clients coming to the Toowoomba Hospice for Respite care must have a life-limiting health condition and no longer having active medical/curative treatment.
How to Access our Services
Admission for Respite can be arranged through:
* a direct request from the client or a family member,
* a client’s general practitioner or specialist or
* a client’s treating hospital.
The admitting clinical nurse or director of nursing will triage referrals with priority given to community clients with evidence of carer strain or severe health issues.
We encourage potential clients and their families to visit the Hospice prior to admission whenever able.
For more information on our facility please see the 'about us' page.
More Information about our service:
Whilst the Hospice is an independent hospital our routine is flexible. During a clients stay the Hospice staff do everything in their power to meet the specific needs of all our clients.
The Hospice employees registered nurses, personal care assistance, volunteers and a multidisciplinary team to provide holistic patient centred care for our clients. We also encourage client’s General Practitioners (GP) to attend their own patients whenever possible.
Families and visitors are welcome at the Toowoomba Hospice however with the updated Covid-19 restrictions on healthcare facilities the following applies to all visitors:
* Check in via the QLD check in app is required
* All visitors must be able to show proof of full vaccination
* Visitors are limited to two in a clients room at any time, this is to assist with social distancing requirements
* Additional PPE such as a mask may be required
* Staff may request to take your temperature upon arrival
* Visiting hours may also be implemented depending on the current circumstances.
Visiting hours are as follows: 10:00am-1:00pm & 3:00pm-5:00pm
Unfortunately failure to provide any of the above may mean you are unable to enter the facility.