Where you will be Staying
When you arrive at the Toowoomba Hospice, you will be greeted by our friendly staff then shown to your private room.
There are six individual client rooms at the Hospice and each room has the following amenities:
Fully electric hospital bed with automated air mattress
Nurse buzzer system
Free WiFi Internet
Tea and Coffee making facilities
Fully automated recliner chair
Cupboards and bedside table
Lounge chair able to convert to a double bed
To help you settle in, we have prepared a list of some key items that you may need:
* Current Medications
* Casual day wear
* Socks / underwear (if worn)
* Nightwear Footwear / slippers
* Toothbrush/toothpaste (or denture cleaner)
* Personal creams/lotions/perfumes/aftershave (if desired)
Please note we do have personal care items available if you are unable to bring your own.
* Medicare card, Pension details and DVA card (if applicable)
* Private Health Insurance card (if applicable)
* Advance Care Planning (ACP) documents, such as Enduring Power of Attorney (EPOA), Advance Health Directive (AHD) and/or Statement of Choice (SOC)
* A list of key contacts (family members, substitute decision maker/s) and their phone numbers.
Please feel free to bring a few sentimental or personal items, such as photographs, for your room. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate large items of furniture or electric scooters. If you are not sure about an item, please check with the clinical team prior to admission.